I’m in the middle of launching a new blog about drawing and won’t be posting much on this site right now. My car is running great and luckily the only issues I have is with the pigeons in the neighborhood sitting on telephone wires above my car. I’m planning an interactive toy based on my car called “The Black Brick Experience” and hope to launch in the fall.
I’m working on an interactive version of the 240 engine compartment and have been combining photos to warp the perspective. I want to show the front of the car while also looking into the engine compartment from above. I collaged this together and am now looking to work on a model in Sketchup with the ultimate goal of animating this in Flash. I’m sure I’ll be able to find models for the chassis but don’t know availability of a b230f render in 3D. I’ll have to check the googles.
Amazing shot of a moose diving for cover from a loose XC.
The photo used on the site was taken at a chicken farm in NY state, before I installed sport springs. I may go back this month so I should take another shot to compare.
How much can you hack a Brick to make it aerodynamically sleek before it ceases to be a rolling refrigerator box and becomes a 1999 Honda Insight, or a masked Luchadore? That’s an inquiry some posters at Ecomodder were exploring back in 2008.
While the “Kammback” wagon above, with 5 feet of extra car, existed only in the owners imagination, the spoiler on the right is the real deal. From hypermiler “brucepick”:
You can see the taped joint at upper right were top piece meets side.
Had to be untaped and retaped every time I opened the tailgate. Plus
duct tape residue all over the place. As with other mods, no
confirmation that it actually helped. But if using a good clean design I
think it has to help.
I can only imagine what it’d be like with the kammback. You might as well forget about opening the trunk. Perhaps it’d be a hack similar to the “Aerorabbit” pictured below.